Useful Links

Where to get help and advice

Helen Morgan is here to help constituents in need of advice, guidance or support and you can find a wide range of helpful resources below. 

However, many issues are often best solved by contacting the relevant organisation directly. For example bins, roads, schools, planning and parking are the responsibility of Shropshire Council and the authority should be the first point of call. 

Scroll down to find out how to contact the team best placed to help you. 

If you have already contacted the organisation responsible and feel you need help from your MP, find out how to contact Helen here.


Who should I contact when? 

Always contact the organisation with direct responsibility first. Scroll through the list to see the organisation is responsible for each service and how to contact them. 

I've exhausted all options and need help 

Make contact with Helen by email, phone or letter. Make sure you include your full name, address and postcode. 

Helen can only intervene if you live in North Shropshire, otherwise you must contact your own MP. 

I want to have my say on a policy issue 

Make contact with Helen by email, phone or letter. Make sure you include your full name, address and postcode. 

If you do not live in North Shropshire, please make contact with your own MP. You can check here.

I need help with the cost of living/passports/Ukraine visas 

You can find further information and resources on our advice pages.


Shropshire Council 

Shropshire Council should be your first point of call for any queries related to bins, business rates, council tax, housing, libraries, parking, planning, roads, schools or any locally-run service. 

Town/Parish Council 

Your local town council is responsible for bus shelters, cemeteries, markets, parks, play areas, public toilets and other local issues. 

  • Search your local council by postcode here 
  • View a full list of town and parish councils in Shropshire here 



  • Shropshire Council offers a variety of short and long-term help. Find out more on this page 
  • Shropshire HomePoint runs the housing register in Shropshire. You can search and bid for available council and housing association properties on its website 


If you have a power cut call 105 free. You will be connected to your local electricity network operator’s emergency line.  

If you need to contact your provider over any issues with power, gas or water here are useful links: 

  • To find out who your gas or electricity supplier is use the postcode finder here 
  • SP Energy Networks is responsible for electricity in the Oswestry, Ellesmere, Wem and Whitchurch areas 
  • Western Power Distribution is responsible for electricity in the Market Drayton area 
  • Severn Trent Water is responsible for water supply across North Shropshire 

Other Useful Services 

  • Citizens Advice can provide support with a wide range of issues and has branches in Oswestry, Wrexham, Shrewsbury and Nantwich 
  • has a wealth of information and services from job searches to tax advice, MOTs, Covid-19 support and immigration advice 
Helen giving advice to a constituent

This website uses cookies

Like most websites, this site uses cookies. Some are required to make it work, while others are used for statistical or marketing purposes. If you choose not to allow cookies some features may not be available, such as content from other websites. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
Marketing cookies are used by third parties or publishers to display personalized advertisements. They do this by tracking visitors across websites.